Member agencies include food pantries, shelters, soup kitchens, drug and alcohol treatment centers, community service organizations, and child and adult daycare centers. More than 200 agencies receive and distribute food from the Food Bank and every organization has access to the Food Bank’s resources.
Qualifications For Member Agencies:
To partner with the Food Bank, all member agencies must:
- Be an agency that serves the needy or other special needs groups
- Distribute food directly to its clients in the form of meals or packaged food boxes for emergency use
- May NOT charge clients for meals served or food received
- Provide adequate, clean food storage
- Be a recognized church or a tax exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) charity
- Maintain all records as required by the Food Bank
- Support the Food Bank by participating in the shared maintenance fee for food received from the Food Bank
- Give Civil Rights Assurances to clients served
For information on how to become a member agency of the Wiregrass Area United Way Food Bank, contact Shirley Henderson at (334) 794-9775 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps To Become An Agency:
- Make arrangements for a tour and find out if your agency qualifies
- Get an application by calling the Food Bank at 334-794-9775
- Complete the application and return it to the Food Bank
- Food Bank staff will schedule an initial site visit
- Application is presented to the Food Bank Board of Directors for approval
- Attend an agency orientation (held on third Friday of every month)
- Agency becomes a member of the Food Bank family and begins shopping and fighting hunger!
Forms agencies use: